One of the things that people ask the most in this app is how to know if they have read a message on TikTok. In other applications, such as Instagram or WhatsApp, we have (or can have it, since it can also be disabled) confirmation that the other person has received or even read our message. But is this also the case on TikTok? If you want to know, keep reading the article!
Direct Messages On Tiktok
Direct messages allow you to send a message to another TikTok user. Per the rules of the app, this is only available to registered account holders over the age of 16. Parents and guardians can set restrictions on this feature through Family Sync.
You can choose who can send you direct messages from your privacy settings. The only thing to keep in mind is that if you change your direct message settings to Nobody, you won’t be able to receive direct messages. You’ll still be able to access conversation history in the Direct Messages section of your Inbox, but you won’t be able to receive new direct messages in those conversations.
How To Send A Direct Message On Tiktok
To send a direct message to another TikTok user, you will need to follow these steps:
- Tap Inbox at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the airplane icon in the top right corner of the Inbox. If you follow a user and they also follow you, you can tap on their name to send them a direct message. If you follow a user, but they don’t follow you back, tap the + icon in the top right corner, then select their name to send them a direct message. If you follow a user on TikTok and they also follow you, you can send them a direct message by tapping Message from their profile.
Share Content Via Direct Message
This is how you can share a video posted on TikTok:
- Tap the arrow icon to the right of the video you want to share. Under Send to, tap the profile photo of the user you want to share the video with. Under Share to, tap Message. Then tap the circle next to the user you want to share it with and select Send. You can select multiple users to share with.
Note: Private videos can NOT be shared. If the creator of the video changed the statusfrom public to private after you shared it in a message, the video will no longer be available and you won’t be able to view it.
To share an effect, hashtag, or sound:
- Search for the effect, hashtag, or sound you want to share. To search, tap Trending at the bottom of the screen and type what you want to search for in the search bar. You can also tap an effect, hashtag, or sound directly from a video to share it.
- Click on the arrow in the upper right corner. Under Send to, tap the profile photo of the user you want to share it with. Under Share to, tap Message. Then tap the circle next to the user you want to share it with and select Send. You can select multiple users to share with.
How To Know If They Have Read A Message On Tiktok
At this point, we have to tell you that there is no way to know if a message on TikTok has been read. That, at least for now. Perhaps in the future, with a little pressure from the users of the application, the development team will decide to implement this improvement. In the meantime, we will continue to wait.